Explore the Smoky Mountains: A Pet-Friendly Guide with Moonrise Vacation Properties, LLC.
Stay Cozy and Bring Your Furbaby at Moonrise Vacation Properties, LLC.
Unmask the beauty of the Smoky Mountains and introduce it to your furbaby at Moonrise Vacation Properties, LLC. We’re not just about the bipedal guests here. No, no. Pets get the royal treatment too. From the tranquil embrace of Moonrise Ridge with its dog-stoppingly beautiful mountain vistas, to the rustic, tail-wagging charm of Barkin' At The Moon, our cabins provide the "ruff-luxury" you and your pup have been dreaming of. Want an indoor pool, hot tub, or a theater room for that unforgettable movie night where Lassie comes home? Consider it done.
The Pet-Friendly Wonders of the Smoky Mountains
Gatlinburg, Sevierville, and Pigeon Forge aren’t just about the two-legged tourists. They roll out the red carpet for the four-legged visitors too.
- Hiking Trails in the National Park: Head to the Gatlinburg Trail or Oconaluftee River Trail for a tail-wagging adventure! Trek through nature's splendors while your four-legged explorer stays safely by your side. Dogs are also allowed in the campgrounds, picnic areas, and along the park's roads. Just a reminder: leashes aren’t just for style - keep your furball tethered when in the park
- Gatlinburg Trail: Perfect for those athletic pups and humans! Take a scenic 1.9-mile stroll, starting from the Sugarlands Visitor Center, showcasing historic homesites and jaw-dropping views of the Little Pigeon River.
- Oconaluftee Trail: A scenic 1.5-mile escapade by the Oconaluftee River for you and your sniff-happy companion.
- The Island in Pigeon Forge: Time for a shopping spree? The Island awaits! Your dog can enjoy the bustling scene on a leash. But remember, not every shop shares your dog's fan club. Best to check where those paws are welcome.
- Patriot Park: Time to mark some territory! Well, not really, but with a 0.5-mile walking trail and 50 state flags, there’s plenty for your dog to sniff and explore.
- The Salt and Pepper Shaker Museum: Step into a quirky sanctuary dedicated to the artistry of salt and pepper shakers, showcasing a remarkable collection exceeding 20,000 pairs. Adding to its charm, the museum graciously welcomes a variety of pets, from canines and felines to avians and even iguanas! Not only is it an intriguing stopover, but it's also one of the most budget-friendly attractions in the Smoky Mountains. The admission fee of $3 per adult can also be exchanged for a keepsake from the gift shop.
- Gatlinburg Skylift Park: Indeed, you heard right! Your furry friend can accompany you on the SkyLift and partake in the SkyBridge, SkyTrail, SkyDeck, and all other mountaintop activities. However, dogs must be leashed throughout their visit. For them to hop on the SkyLift, you'll need to hold and secure them safely. Additionally, our guest concierge service, Xplorie, offers every Mountain Laurel Chalets guest a complimentary ticket to SkyLift Park for every day of their visit, further easing your expenses. And the cherry on top? Dogs get to experience the SkyLift without any charges!
- River Rat Tubing (Townsend): Ever fancied going river tubing with your canine companion? With River Rat tubing, that dream is now a reality! Don your sunscreen and swimwear, and set course for Townsend, TN. Here, you and your loved ones can set off on a refreshing river journey – and yes, that includes your furry pal! Your dog even gets a special doggie tube. It's a fantastic offer, ensuring both you and your pup have a splendid way to beat the heat during the warmer seasons. The doggie pass? A mere $16.99.
- Petsafe Unleashed Dog Park (Sevierville): This facility provides has it all mapped out! Catering to both large and petite pups, it’s complete with dog agility equipment, water stations, shaded spaces, and observation cameras. Stay connected with Wi-Fi, kick back on our benches, and benefit from dedicated parking, including spaces for those with disabilities. Just a heads-up: ensuring all our furry visitors are safe, we require adherence to City and State vaccination rules. It's an experience not just for them, but for you too!
- Doggywood Doggywood: Ever dreamed of exploring Dollywood with your four-legged friend in tow? While the park itself is reserved for service animals, Dollywood has made provisions just for dogs. Right next to Guest Services at Dollywood’s Front Gate, you'll find Doggywood, a cozy spot for your canine. Due to its popularity and limited space, it's wise to snag a reservation for your pup's kennel or cottage ahead of time. Without one, we might not have a spot on your chosen day.
- Bonediggity Barkery & Gifts (Gatlinburg): Ever dreamt of pampering your canine buddy with gourmet treats and chic accessories? Gear up and trot over, where an array of USA-made gourmet dog delights, toys, attire, collars, strollers, and more await. From tiny paws to the big hounds, there's a treasure for every furry friend. It's a delightful spree, guaranteed to wag tails and charm pet parents. Your pup's next favorite toy or treat? Just a sniff away.
- Parrot Mountain and Garden of Eden (Pigeon Forge): Parrot Mountain and Garden of Eden is the must-visit spot for those with leashed pups eager to embark on an adventure. Dive into enchanting gardens where tropical birds call the serene stone gardens home. But it's not just about glimpses from afar! Guests also have the unique opportunity to interact with and pet them.
- Great Smokies Flea Market: Dive into the Great Smokies Flea Market – where dogs and deals come together in a fun, flea-free fusion! Tennessee's most popular marketplace welcomes your leashed pup as you browse through stalls overflowing with treasures. With over 1,000 vendors, discover everything from fresh farm produce to quirky knick-knacks, and sleek furniture to nifty tools. And with new goodies popping up regularly, there's always a bargain waiting. Swing by every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- A heads up: Keep your canine buddy secured as you shop.
- Smoky Dog Lodge (Sevierville): Smoky Dog Lodge in Sevierville is the go-to spot for pups looking for a blast when their owners are away. Their cage-free environment ensures your pet enjoys ample playtime, freedom, and sunshine during their stay. Whether you're seeking boarding or daycare, they have flexible solutions that align with your schedule. Beyond that, their grooming services ensure your dog stays looking its best. They also introduced diverse training sessions, aimed at either addressing specific challenges or elevating their potential.
Pet Friendly Restaurants
- Mad Dog’s Creamery: Immerse yourself in a delightful realm of tastes, featuring ice creams, milkshakes, donuts, and other sugary wonders at Mad Dog’s Creamery. Don't forget their unique dog treats and toys, ensuring your pet shares in the pleasure. Also, check out their Pigeon Forge outlet.
- Split Rail Eats (849 Glades Rd., Suite 1b1, Gatlinburg, TN 37738): Split Rail Eats is your go-to for delectable American cuisine! Their diverse menu promises savory American meals. And the highlight? Your pet is welcome to relax at their pet-friendly outdoor spots as you savor your dish.
- Tennessee Jed's (Two Locations: 631 Parkway, Suite A8 -AND- 450 Brookside Village Way, Gatlinburg, TN 37738): Tennessee Jed's prides itself on crafting the finest sandwiches in the Smoky Mountains, using premium, fresh ingredients. With its fast casual setting, they offer cozy indoor seating and a pet-welcoming patio. So, drop by for an unparalleled sandwich delight!
- The Fox and Parrot Tavern is a family-friendly venue where even dogs are welcome - a rarity among American bars! If you're thinking of organizing an event, from parties to wedding receptions, connect with Brian. He's seasoned in event planning.
- Hard Rock Cafe (2050 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863): This iconic Pigeon Forge restaurant boasts a spacious 12,000 square-foot ambiance, accommodating over 400 diners, private events up to 450 people, an outdoor area for dogs, a live music platform, and the Rock Shop®. Pets and their owners can enjoy alfresco dining on their extended patio. Relish their wide variety of menu options, from burgers to desserts, complemented by a full-service bar.
- Chop House, synonymous with sumptuous steaks and seafood, also serves an array of sandwiches, salads, and burgers for both lunch and dinner. Nestled in the heart of Tanger Outlets Sevierville, the Chop House's outdoor terrace is perfect for savoring a meal with your dog, especially after a shopping spree at the mall.
Capping off the Pawsome Adventure
Your weary paws (and feet) deserve a plush and comfortable end to each day. And where better than at Moonrise Vacation Properties, LLC? From the starry views at Moonrise Ridge to the absolute dog heaven at Moondance Airstream (seriously, dogs rave about our fenced-in area), we make sure every sniff, wag, and bark is cherished.
In fact, 4 out of 5 of our accommodations are dog-friendly, and rumor has it dogs give us two paws up! So, don't just bark about it; experience the magic of the Smoky Mountains for yourself. Book your stay now and embark on an unforgettable journey of woofs, wags, and wonders! 🐾🌙🏔️