Exploring the Best of the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee during Summer
The Smoky Mountains of Tennessee have plenty to offer year-round, but summer is a particularly special and exciting time. The lush green forests, glistening waterfalls, and crystal-clear rivers of the region come alive during the summer months, offering a wealth of outdoor activities for families, couples, and nature enthusiasts. Whether you're looking for hiking trails, scenic drives, or water recreation, the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee have something for everyone. So, let's dive into some of the best summer activities you can enjoy in this beautiful region.
1. Go hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park: With over 800 miles of hiking trails, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is a hiker's paradise. The park boasts some of the most spectacular and diverse scenery in the country, ranging from lush forests and mountain streams to wildflower meadows and panoramic vistas. Whether you're a seasoned hiker or a beginner, there are trails of all levels of difficulty and interest. Some of the popular trails include the Alum Cave Trail, Rainbow Falls Trail (my favorite), and Chimney Tops Trail.
2. Take a scenic drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway: The Blue Ridge Parkway is one of the most scenic drives in the country, and it's also a great way to explore the beauty of the Smoky Mountains. The parkway stretches over 469 miles, connecting the Great Smoky Mountains National Park to the Shenandoah National Park in Virginia. Drive along the parkway and immerse yourself in the stunning vistas, lush forests, and vibrant flora of the region.
3. Enjoy water recreation: The Smoky Mountains have a wealth of water recreation activities that include swimming, tubing, kayaking, and fishing. You can swim in the cool waters of the mountain streams, or go tubing on the Little River. For more adventurous water activities, head to the Pigeon River for a thrilling white-water rafting experience. The river offers rapids of all levels of difficulty, making it perfect for families and adrenaline junkies alike.
4. Visit Dolly Parton's Dollywood: Dollywood is a world-renowned theme park that offers fun and entertainment for the whole family. Located in Pigeon Forge, the park has over 40 rides, musical shows, and attractions, as well as delicious Southern cuisine and shopping. Dollywood is also home to Splash Country, a water park that offers fun water rides and pools.
5. Explore the mountain towns: The Smoky Mountains region is also home to several charming mountain towns that are worth exploring. Gatlinburg, Tennessee, is a popular tourist destination that offers unique shops, restaurants, and entertainment. The town is also located adjacent to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, making it an ideal base for exploring the park. Other mountain towns worth visiting include Pigeon Forge, Sevierville, and Townsend.
The Smoky Mountains of Tennessee offer a wealth of activities and attractions for families, couples, and nature enthusiasts. From hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park to enjoying water recreation and exploring mountain towns, there's something for everyone in this beautiful region. So next time you're planning a summer vacation or weekend getaway, head to the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee and create unforgettable memories.
Moonrise Vacation Properties, LLC has 5 amazing properties that are sure to fit your families needs. From a large 6 bedroom cabin with indoor pool, to a fun adventure in an Airstream trailer - we have something for everyone! #BookDirect today!